You can install the theme in two ways: through WordPress or via FTP.
The Houserent WordPress Theme installable file is Houserent.zip. Please see the following sections for each method and watch our video tutorial on how to install the Houserent Theme.
- Download the houserent theme files from your ThemeForest account. Navigate to your Downloads tab on ThemeForest and find houserent. Click the Download button.
- On your local computer extract the ZIP folder named Houserent-main-file. After extracting files you will open the folder called houserent-main-file where you will find more folders (child-theme, documentation, licensing).
- Locate the houserent.zip in the Houserent-main-file folder (this is the theme you want to install).
Video tutorial – Install via FTP
Step by step: How to install via FTP
- Step 1 – Log into your FTP client to access your host web server.
- Step 2 – Browse to find the Houserent.zip file on your computer (located in houserent-main-file folder) and unzip it.
- Step 3 – Upload the folder houserent to wp-content/themes/ folder.
- Step 4 – Activate the newly installed theme by going to Appearance > Themes and clicking the Activate button.
- Step 5 – After you activate houserent theme you will see a notification message to activate the required plugins in the Plugins section of your dashboard.
- Step 6 – Click on Install Button on each plugin to start installing them. After you’ve installed them, Activate them.
- Contact Form 7 – used to make contact forms.
- Advanced Ads. – used to make ads.
- wooCommerce – eCommerce solution
- YITH WooCommerce Wishlist. – used to make customer wishlist.